USERS. You may simply browse the Site or Services (a “Visitor“), or you may become a member of Straw (“Straw Member”). Certain areas of the Site or Services, including asking or answering questions through the Services, are restricted for Straw Members only. In the event you provide us with information on the Site or Services, you agree to only provide us with true, accurate, current and complete information. If we believe or suspect that your information is not true, accurate, current or complete, we may deny or terminate your access to the Site or Services (or any portion thereof).
RULES REGARDING CONTENT. When you access the Site and/or Services, you obtain access to various kinds of information and materials, all of which we call “Content.” Most Content comes in various forms including, but not exclusive to comments, pictures and replies that You or other Members contribute through the Services.
You will be entirely responsible for each individual item of Content that you post on the Site or through the Services. As between you and us, you retain ownership and any intellectual property rights in the Content you post or otherwise make available through the Site or Services.
1. MEDICAL AND LEGAL QUESTIONS
Content posted by Members or us in response to medical questions is not intended to be medical advice or instructions for medical diagnosis or treatment, and no physician-patient relationship is, or is intended to be, created by Content provided by Members or us. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or your emergency number, (911 in the United States) immediately. ◾Content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment.
Content should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease without supervision of a doctor or qualified healthcare provider.
You should not delay or forego seeking treatment for a medical condition or disregard professional medical advice based on Content.
Content posted by Members in response to legal questions is not intended to be legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship. If you believe you have a legal claim, contact an attorney licensed in your state (or country) immediately to discuss your options. Most state bar associations have services to aid you in finding an attorney. ◾Content is provided for informational purposes only, with no assurance that the Content is true, correct, or accurate. No action should be taken, delayed, or deferred based on the Content.
Content is not a substitute for professional legal advice or a solicitation to offer legal advice regarding specific facts. Should you ignore this warning and send specific or confidential information in a private message or post it as a comment, there is no duty to keep that information confidential or to discontinue or forego any representation adverse to your interests.
You should not delay or forego seeking legal advice or disregard professional legal advice based on Content. Delay in seeking such legal advice could result in waiver of any claims you may have, depending on the applicable statute(s) of limitation.
General Rules of User Conduct. It is our goal to make access to our Site and Services a good experience for all of our users. With that in mind we provide you our opinion of rules to follow when using the Site and Services: please remember that the public areas of the Site and Services are viewable by friends and strangers alike. Don’t share phone numbers, home addresses, e-mail addresses or any of your personal information or that of others. Do not bully, threaten or harass users. If you are harassed in any way, please report it to the authorities immediately. Straw is a company that provides a technology to help get your friends feedback and opinions and advice, We are not responsible for user actions or policing user activity. If you get questions that make you feel uncomfortable, ignore them or report them. Do not engage in conversations with people that make you feel uncomfortable in any way. Please pay attention and abide by our posting guidelines. The following activities are prohibited on the Site and Services. Accordingly you agree that you will not: 1. Use the service for any commercial purposes (e.g., market research, advertising) unless approved in advance. If you would like to use the Site or Services for commercial purposes (advertise or conduct market research for commercial or political purposes) please contact us at email@example.com. Use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit: (a) any portion of the Site or Services; (b) your use of the Site or Services, or (c) your access to the Site or Services, in each case for any purpose other than for which the Site or Services are being provided to you; 2. Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Site or Services; 3. Upload, distribute or print anything that may be harmful to minors; 4. Attempt to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the Site, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Site; 5. Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Site or Services to which you do not possess access rights; 6. Upload or transmit any form of virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code; 7. Use the Site or Services to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam; 8. Use the Site or Services to stalk, harass or harm another individual; 9. Use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the Site or Services (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts); 10. Interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Site and Services or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the Site or Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site or Services; 11. Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to extract, “screen scrape,” monitor, “mine,” or copy any static or dynamic web page on the Site or the Content contained on any such web page for commercial use without our prior express written permission; 12. Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or 13. Mirror or frame the Site or any Content, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
2. SOCIAL NETWORKS.
In using certain Services, you authorize us to act on your behalf to access and interact with social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter (any such site, a “Social Site”) to retrieve information from, and/or submit information to, such Social Sites at your request. We will not collect your username and password, and we will instead store the unique authorization code (or a “token”) provided to us by the Social Site to access it on your behalf. You can revoke our access to a Social Site at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on that site. You should note that a Social Site may change or amend its guidelines and our access to it at any time, and we cannot guarantee that our Services will always include a connection to such Social Site.
3.MODIFICATIONS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Site or Services with or without notice to you. We will not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise our right to modify or discontinue the Site and/or Services. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to cease access to the Site or Services. Continued access to the Site or Services following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the Site or Services as so modified. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may immediately terminate your access to the Site and Services at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES.
5. THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND OTHER WEBSITES.
To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release Straw from any liability related to: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Services, whether caused by any user of the Services, any Member, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Services; (b) the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Services, any Member or any Verified Expert; (c) any loss or damage caused by Content posted on the Services or transmitted by and to Members, or any interactions between users of the Sites, any Member or any Verified Expert, whether online or offline; and (d) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Sites user or Member communications.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
1. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY WILLING TO PROVIDE ACCESS TO THE SITE AND SERVICES IF YOU AGREE TO CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND TO THIRD PARTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR TO ACCESS, THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON THIRD PARTY MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO OUR SITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICES IS LIMITED, IN AGGREGATE, TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (U.S. $1.00). WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND OTHER MEMBERS, NOR, IN ANY EVENT, WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY MEMBER. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT THAT WE MAY NOT, AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW, DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR LIMIT LIABILITIES, THE SCOPE AND DURATION OF SUCH WARRANTY AND THE EXTENT OF OUR LIABILITY WILL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE OR OUR LICENSORS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACTS OF NATURE, FORCES, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INTERNET FAILURES, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT FAILURES, OTHER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, ELECTRICAL POWER FAILURES, STRIKES, LABOR DISPUTES, RIOTS, INSURRECTIONS, CIVIL DISTURBANCES, SHORTAGES OF LABOR OR MATERIALS, FIRES, FLOODS, STORMS, EXPLOSIONS, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, GOVERNMENTAL ACTIONS, ORDERS OF DOMESTIC OR FOREIGN COURTS OR TRIBUNALS, OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THIRD PARTIES. Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so these exclusions may not apply in individual cases. You may have additional rights that vary from state to state. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty, the scope and duration of such warranty will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
2. COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent the following information:
An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site or Services;
Your address, telephone number, and email address;
A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site or the Services can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Policy was last revised: March 7, 2014.